Saturday, December 20, 2008

There was a dream...

I miss you today.

You were there and then you weren't. All that I had built, and had yet to build, you were a part of...and then you were gone. Like an evaporation of my dreams...why wasn't I enough? But that was never the problem, was it? The truth is that you were never strong enough to handle what you felt. You were always more concerned, and have ever been, worried about the expectations of those around you rather than listening to what you truly wanted. Your greatest fear was always the voice in your head that contradicted what you were told to believe. And I was just the person that wouldn't judge you for that...someone that would just listen. I feel so sorry for you; you were so unhappy so much of the time. I can't imagine that has changed or will change in the future until you make the decision yourself. I pity you.

You were there and then, inexplicably, you weren't. I miss you most in the hours when no one is stirring. And now, as fleeting as you were around, you are gone. Nowhere but in the back recesses of my mind.

I miss you today.

-N.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment